sleeping in the midst of her treasure hoard.
NOT A JOKE: Photos from Personhood for Women
Also, check out National Advocates for Pregnant Women, org that stands up for the rights of women (often the ones with the least means) who have no way of debunks bad science and challenges religious lunatics in courts.
Wheatpasting with girls and women in Brooklyn, 6-8-14.
This weekend I led a workshop along with Hollaback and Laurie Cumbo where we created posters and pasted them in Ft. Greene with local girls and women. See more photos here.
Mrs Escher’s Nightmare
Demoscene production by Andromeda Software Development presents what appears to be a continuous drawing of moving 3D objects to great effect. Video embedded below, but it is preferable to experience the PC demo:
A summer demo by ASD made for Euskal Encounter 22 (2014).
Code: Konstantinos “Navis” Pataridis
Music: Sotiris “aMUSiC” Varotsis & Fotis “Leviathan” Panetsos
Hand Model and Photography: Giorgos “Ch3” Cherouvim
Graphics: Nikos “Amoivikos” Batalas
You can download the demo for PC (around 25MB) here
More at Pouet here
|—||Adrienne Rich, Compulsory Heterosexuality and Lesbian Existence (1980)|
|—||Lewis R. Gordon (via wretchedoftheearth)|
"Well, if you feminists want equality then learn to take a punch without bitching! Don’t expect special treatment!"
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women between the ages of 15 and 44 in the United States alone, more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined. (“Violence Against Women, A Majority Staff Report,” Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, 102nd Congress, October 1992, p.3.) [x]
- In the United States, one woman is beaten by her husband or partner every 15 seconds. (Uniform Crime Reports, Federal Bureau of Investigation, 1991). [x]
- Victims of intimate partner violence lost almost 8 million days of paid work because of the violence perpetrated against them by current or former husbands, boyfriends and dates. This loss is the equivalent of more than 32,000 full-time jobs and almost 5.6 million days of household productivity as a result of violence. (Costs of Intimate Partner Violence Against Women in the United States. 2003. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Centers for Injury Prevention and Control. Atlanta, GA.)
- Women of all races are about equally vulnerable to violence by an intimate partner. (Bureau of Justice Statistics, Violence Against Women: Estimates from the Redesigned Survey, August 1995)
- An estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year. [x]I’m going to fucking shank the next dick who tries telling me equality is about being more eager to be battered by a homicidal psychopath.
Two women in other parts of the country wanted to pay an overdue bill for someone in Detroit. This is their project.
Please circulate this widely, especially as this issue predominately affects poor women of color and children. <3